Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Radda Trattoria


This is Radda.





Salumi Misti: Proscuitto, spek, salami and cured beef with EVOO and bread sticks.


Gnocchi bolognese.


Prosciutto and egg pizza.


Whole roasted striped bass with a radish, fennel, and arugula salad.

Radda is a small Italian restaurant in my home town, Boulder. In fact, I used to work at this restaurant. Now, I am not meaning to pick on our waitress, but, the service was terrible. Our waitress was all over the place and clearly did not know what she was doing. The food, on the other hand, was very nice. The very first course was Salumi Misti: Proscuitto, spek, salami and cured beef with EVOO and bread sticks. I really enjoy salumi when I can identify every flavor in the meat. With this I could tell what was salami I could tell what was cured beef, but I could not tell the difference between the proscuitto and the spek. But, over all it was a very good dish. Next up we had Gnocchi bolognese. This has been my favorite at Radda for a very long time, in fact, it was the very first dish I cooked in the Radda kitchen. The bolognese sauce has the perfect amount of meat to sauce. The sauce is super rich and a flavorful, with just pinch of heat at the end. The gnocchi are so light and soft. You could chew the gnocchi with your tongue they were so soft. Probably the best dish in the restaurant. Our next offering was a proscuitto and egg pizza. The crust was super crispy and yet very soft on the inside. There was a great amount of proscuitto on the pizza, and to top it all off there was an egg cracked onto the middle of it. It was a very good pizza. Our final dish was a whole roasted striped bass with a radish, fennel, and arugula salad. What was really cool was how the fish had no bones, but stayed perfectly in tact. The fish was cooked very well it just needed a bit more salt. My big problem was that the fennel was not fresh so it had a pretty rubbery texture. Well Radda is a very good restaurant, and I hope that more people will come visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment